Request reconsideration of a decision

QLeave makes decisions on a variety of matters concerning employers, workers and levy payers under the Building and Construction Industry (Portable Long Service Leave) Act 1991.

In most cases, you will receive written advice from QLeave outlining the decision and what you can do if you are not satisfied with the decision.

If you are dissatisfied with a QLeave decision there are two alternatives available:

  1. You may apply to QLeave for an independent senior officer to give further consideration to the matter (request for reconsideration) and if you are still dissatisfied you may then file an appeal with an Industrial Magistrate, OR
  2. You may appeal the original decision to an Industrial Magistrate and if you are still dissatisfied after a decision is made by an Industrial Magistrate, an appeal can then be made to the Industrial Court.

For more information on the options available to you, please click here to open the Your Rights - reviews and appeals brochure.

To request a reconsideration of a decision, please click here to complete the QLeave Reconsideration form. You can type your information directly into the form and submit it to QLeave by clicking the 'lodgement' button. Click here for help with PDF forms in Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Otherwise you can print the form and return it to QLeave via:
Post - QLeave, PO Box 512, Lutwyche Qld 4030
Fax - 07 3212 6844
Email -

If you choose to make an appeal to an Industrial Magistrate, please click here to complete the QLeave Notice of Appeal form.

    Last modified: May 2016