Long service leave claims
Click here to open the Worker Claim form.
There are three types of claims that are available for registered workers who meet the criteria, including:
1. 10 year long service leave claim
|Please note, workers can not be paid by both QLeave and their employers for the same long service leave period.|
2. Permanently leaving the industry claim
- this claim can be made after 10 years of service (3,650 service credits)
- provides registered workers with 8.67 weeks of paid leave
- a minimum of five days leave applies per claim unless it is the final claim for a worker
3. Personal representative claim
- can be made by workers who have permanently stopped working in the contract cleaning industry
- workers must have accrued 2,555 service credits or more
- please note – workers who make a permanently leaving the industry claim will have their membership cancelled. If the worker returns to the contract cleaning industry after making a leaving the industry claim they will have to start building service credits from zero.
Click here for information on how to make a claim.
- an authorised representative may make a long service leave claim for a deceased worker (if one of the above entitlements exists)\
Last modified: January 2018