The Board is appointed by the Governor-in-Council for a term of three years. The current term of the board commenced on 1 July 2016 and expires on 30 June 2019. The Board consists of eight members as follows:
The Board is required to meet at least quarterly and is governed by meeting procedures outlined in the Building and Construction Industry (Portable Long Service Leave) Act 1991.
- the chairperson (Ms Jacqueline D'Alton)
- the deputy chairperson who must have knowledge of, and experience in, financial affairs (Mr Adam Stoker)
- three directors representing employers in the building and construction industry (Ms Penny Cornah, representing the Master Plumbers Association of Queensland; Mr Damian Long, representing the Civil Contractors Federation; and Ms Corlia Roos, representing the Queensland Master Builders Association)
- three directors representing workers who perform building and construction work (Mr Troy Spence, representing the Australian Workers' Union; Mr Wally Trohear, representing the CFMEU; and Mr Rohan Webb, representing the AMWU).
The following committees are in place to provide support and advice to the QLeave Board:
- Audit, Risk Management and Compliance Committee
- Finance Committee
- Worker Eligibility Committee
Last modified: July 2016